The Bankley Open Call 2018 is once again inviting submissions from contemporary artists living within the UK, working in any 2D & 3D media, video, sound or performance.
The 1st prize winner will receive £500 and a solo show at Bankley whilst there will be a £100 prize for the runner-up and a visitor choice prize sponsored by Fred Aldous.
<<< SELECTION & JUDGING PANEL >>>
- Amanda Sutton: Director of Venture Arts
- Zoe Watson: Curator, Holden Gallery
- Marianna Tsionski: Senior Curator, CCFCA
<<< ENTRY GUIDELINES >>>
Each artist can submit up to TWO artworks, with an accompanying brief description of each piece. Please also include information on the medium, year, size and price of each work.
There is a one off entry fee for all artists of £10 payable via Paypal, however if preferred a bank transfer can be arranged, please contact us for further details. Please pay via the Paypal link below (let us know if there is any discrepancy between your Artist and Paypal name).
Please pay per PayPal here: www.bit.ly/2JCjnvW
=> 2D submissions
Please ensure that all wall-mounted artworks are already equipped with mirror plates, or alternative mounting requirements and install descriptions are provided.
=> 3D/ 4D submissions
Any sculpture/installation/video/projection requirements must be made by arrangement. We currently cannot provide any screens, laptops, tablets etc. but have a projector and a dvd player.
The Bankley Open Call Exhibition Private View and award ceremony will take place on Friday the 18th October 2019, 6-9pm, which will also coincide with our Annual Open Studios event. The exhibition will continue to run every Saturday from 12pm to 4pm until 2nd of November.
<<< KEY DATES >>>
- Submission deadline: 1st September 2019 (midnight)
- Notification of selection: by 22nd September 2019
- Delivery of exhibiting art works: 5th & 6th October 2019, 12 - 4pm (times tbc)
- Exhibition Private View and Awards Ceremony: 18th October 2018, 6-9pm
- Exhibition continues every Saturday until 2nd of November, 12-4pm
Terms and conditions, submission link and curator contact details on www.bit.ly/2xLqNaD
Thank you for taking part!